Making an Auto Insurance Claim
Our in-house claims support team has your back
If you ever have an accident, call us. We will assist you in deciding whether or not you should file a formal claim and we'll ensure your claim is dealt with quickly and fairly by the insurance provider.
If you get into an accident*
- Look after your safety, and the safety of others, first, before worrying about your car or the insurance.
- Do not abandon the vehicle. Move it or have it towed to safety.
- Record the name, phone number, license plate number and insurance policy information from the other driver.
- Do not make any agreements with the other driver about who was at fault or who will pay, unless you do not plan to make a claim.
- Do not have any repairs done until the insurance provider has had an opportunity to examine the vehicle. However, repairs necessary to prevent further damage are OK to do.
- File an accident report with the police within 24 hours. In some provinces, police will not come to the scene of an accident unless there are injuries, so you may have to visit a station or reporting centre in order to make your report.
- Obtain a copy of the police accident report or at least the report number.
- Most insurance companies require your claim to be filed within 90 days of the loss.
- When you are ready to make a claim, just call us. We will walk you through the rest of the process.
* The information provided is for information purposes only. In case of inconsistency between this information and the policy, the policy terms, conditions and limitations will govern.