Ontario auto insurance is changing September 1, 2010. Click here to learn more
Everyone that operates a vehicle in Canada is legally liable for damages caused by the negligent operation of that vehicle. The requirement for third party Automobile Liability insurance is mandatory by law. Along with this mandatory coverage, many choose to insure against the physical damage to their autos caused accidentally by themselves or others.
Understanding the complexities
Individuals and companies using commercial vehicles in business are faced with unique risks and liabilities. Stevenson & Hunt understands the complexities and structure of the trucking industry, and consults with our clients in areas such as:
- Carrying limits of insurance that are reflective of the jurisdictions in which they operate
- The addition of protective endorsements that range from rental car coverage to protection for the hauling of dangerous goods
- Safety & compliance assistance
- CVOR and USDOT record analysis
- Driver file preparation and maintenance
- Assistance with MTO, DOT and audit concerns
- Updates regarding legislative and regulatory changes - hours of services, transporting hazardous materials, vehicle and driver standards
Representing all major transportation insurers
We represent all the major transportation insurance providers and offer specialized services to a range of businesses within the trucking industry single to multi-vehicle fleets, owners carriers, owner/operators.
To accurately assess our clients’ risks and needs, we work closely with them to develop tailored insurance portfolios that include detailed coverage summaries and comprehensive risk management plans.
We remain current with transportation trends and changes through professional memberships with the Ontario Trucking Association, the Toronto Trucking Association, the Transportation Health & Safety Association, The Council of Driver Trainers, and the Canadian Oil & Heat Association.
* The information provided is for information purposes only. In case of inconsistency between this information and the policy, the policy terms, conditions and limitations will govern.